Quickie Dill Pickle Hummus is a pickle lovers dream!
HOW QUICK IS QUICK?
This addicting snack comes together in just 7 minutes! That’s right, you can make this dip and still have time to pour a glass of vino and creep Netflix in under 10 minutes.
SHOULD I USE DRIED OR CANNED CHICKPEAS?
This recipe uses canned chickpeas for the sake of time but you could certainly use dried chickpeas. See my method for dried chickpeas in my Authentic Hummus Recipe.
Quickie Dill Pickle Hummus
- 1 food processor
- 1 silicone spatula
- 15 oz can of chickpeas drained
- ¾ cup dill pickles chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 2 garlic cloves chopped; keep in mind the garlic will get stronger as it sits
- ¼ cup tahini make sure you stir it first
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped, plus more for garnish
- ½ tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 lemon a good squeeze of lemon juice, about 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling; I opted for a spicy Jalapeno EVOO to add a little kick
- 1 ice cube
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Add all ingredients through extra-virgin olive oil and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides using a silicone spatula. Add 1 ice cube and blend away. Check consistency; add another ice cube if the hummus needs to be thinned out.
- Taste; add more lemon juice, salt, and pepper (if needed).
- Transfer to a plate or shallow bowl and use a spoon to create swooshes. Top with diced dill pickles, a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, and a few pieces or torn dill.
- Serve with raw veggies, warm pita, potato chips or tortilla chips.