This Acini Di Pepe Soup is the easiest soup you’ll ever make! Bold statement, right? With just 5 ingredients needed, quality shines bright in this recipe!
Whenever I’m feeling a little under the weather or a tad lazy, but still want something good to eat; this soup is my go-to.
I started making this soup years ago after a trip to Albania. I was feeling inexplicably nauseous and didn’t think I could eat anything, so my husband’s grandmother made me something quite similar. I swear it made me feel better and brought me back to life!
Acini Di Pepe Soup
- 1 medium pot
- 1 wooden spoon
- 6 cups chicken stock I legit keep homemade chicken stock in the freezer for this
- ½ cup Acini di Pepe pasta
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano chopped, plus more for garnish; may sub dried in a pinch
- 1 lemon juiced, plus wedges for serving; optional
- 1 salted butter make it a heaping tbsp and the very best quality you can get your hands on
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- When the chicken stock comes to a roaring boil, add Acini di Pepe pasta; stir, lower heat, and simmer for 8ish minutes. I say 'ish' because the pasta I currently have took a couple of minutes longer. Taste at the 8 minute mark to see if they're done and go from there.
- Meanwhile, I normally drop in the chopped oregano towards the end of cooking, let’s say the 6 minute marker.
- When Acini di Pepe is cooked, remove the soup from heat; stir in the fresh lemon juice.
- My husband's Nëna Vali taught me to stir in a spoonful of good-quality butter at the very end, right before serving. TOTAL GAME CHANGER!
- Serve with lemon wedges and small oregano leaves (optional).