This Lebanese Cabbage Salad is healthy, inexpensive, a cinch to make, and just straight up delicious!
I make this salad all the times because it goes with so many different dishes. I serve this in my Gyro and Falafel bowls; as a filler in many of my wraps; alongside buttermilk fried chicken, Albanian Qoftes, and Baked Meatballs.
Lebanese Cabbage Salad (Salatet Malfouf)
- 1 large bowl with a tight fitting lid
- 1 pair of tongs
- ½ head of cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced (1 if you’re sensitive to the taste)
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil sometimes I use basil or chili extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh mint chopped (see note)
- ¼ tsp kosher salt more to taste
- In a large bowl whisk garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, mint, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Add the shredded cabbage and toss to coat.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to come together. You can also cover and place in the fridge to eat later on. This salad keeps well and can be enjoyed either cold or at room temperature.