A delicious PF Chang’s copycat recipe that you can have on the table in just 20 minutes! This restaurant favorite is perfect for a fridge clean-out! You can easily modify the add-ins based on what you already have.
PF Chang’s Copycat Lettuce Wraps
A delicious copycat recipe that you can have on the table in just 20 minutes! This restaurant favorite is perfect for a fridge clean-out! You can easily modify the add-ins based on what you already have.
- 1 large skillet
- 1 small bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 grater
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 white onion diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce may sub aminos
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely grated
- kosher salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp chili sauce sriracha or Hungarian Eros Pista
- 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts drained and diced
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- In a medium bowl whisk together garlic, hoisin, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, white pepper, and sriracha. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, keeping in mind olive oil has a low smoke point so be careful not to let it burn. Brown the chicken or turkey while breaking it up into small pieces, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the onion and sauce; stir until onions become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon a couple tablespoons of meat mixture onto a lettuce leaf cup. I like to serve with assorted veggies and fresh herbs. I typically use radishes, cucumber, purple cabbage, mint, cilantro and chives. This time I added some heirloom carrots to the mix. Add desired toppings like you would when making tacos.