But seriously, how Spring is this dish? Half salad, half dip; all things Spring!
Sweet & crunchy raw peas tossed in a simple vinaigrette with a trio of fresh herbs, served on a fluffy pillow of lime infused whipped labneh. I adore the combo of textures and flavors in this dish. This is a great spring side to serve with all your favorites. I tend to gravitate towards family style serving but this dish would be a stunner individually plated and served as an appetizer.
Oh, I almost forgot the best part! This recipe involves zero actual cooking. All you need is a good ol food processor and you’re set!
Garden and Snap Pea Salad with Lime Infused Whipped Labneh
- 1 food processor
- 1 silicone spatula
- 1 small bowl
- 1 cup fresh peas shelled
- 1 cup snap peas trimmed; large peas cut in half and small peas left whole
- 1 cup labneh
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice maybe more
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 tbsp shallots peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup Thai basil lightly packed
- ¼ cup fresh mint lightly packed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro lightly packed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- kosher salt to taste
- Add shallot, fresh herbs, red wine vinegar, honey, and a pinch of salt to the bowl of a food processor; blend until smooth. While the food processor is running, slowly drizzle 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil until emulsified. Pour into a small glass salad dressing jar, mason jar, or bowl with a tight fitting lid. I like to use a silicone spatula to get everything out. Now do a quick clean of the food processor and spatula because we're going to use this again in a few.
- In a small bowl, toss the shelled peas with 2 tbsp of the vinaigrette; set aside.
- Back to the trusty food processor we go! Add labneh and a pinch of salt to the bowl of the food processor and blend for 20 seconds or so. Slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil and lime juice; blend for another 20 seconds until light and fluffy.
- Use the whipped labneh as the base for your dish. Add the sugar snap peas on top of the labneh, then the shelled peas coated in the vinaigrette on top of that. Finish by adding a couple spoonfuls of the vinaigrette overtop. Garnish with an open shell of garden peas to highlight what the dish is all about! Serve with warm pita bread for dipping and/or alongside a main.
- Garnish with an open shell of garden peas to highlight what the dish is all about! Serve with warm pita bread for dipping and/or alongside a main.