This insanely cheesy dip is packed with Swiss chard, artichoke hearts, and crunchy water chestnuts. The fresh lemon juice and variety of herbs & seasonings really lifts the dish. I bet you’ll keep coming back for more with this one!
Swiss Chard and Artichoke Dip
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 large skillet
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 baking dish I used a 6"x9"
- 1 paring knife
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches bunches Swiss chard washed, dried, stems removed, and chopped into small pieces
- 1 ½ cups leeks halved lengthwise a sliced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 8.5 oz canned artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 5 oz canned water chestnuts chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise Hellmans or Dukes
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- tabasco a few good shakes
- 3 cups mozzarella finely grated
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried shallots
- ½ tsp celery seed
- sea salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper sliced
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese, mayo, Worcestershire, tabasco, lemon zest and juice, dill, shallots, celery seed and a decent pinch of salt; whisk until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of grated mozzarella.
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-heat. Add leeks; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Be careful not to brown the garlic or leeks!
- Add Swiss chard; cook until softened and greens reduce quite a bit. Add artichokes and water chestnuts; stir to combine and sauté until warm.
- Pour in the sauce mix; stir until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Swirl melted butter to coat the baking dish.
- Transfer dip to the baking dish, top with remaining mozzarella and sliced jalapeno.
- Bake until the edges start to brown and mozzarella is melted, about 25 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, homemade crostini, raw veggies or tortilla chips.