Fragrant Mixed Herb and Pita Chip Salad
This fresh salad is a constant on my table and varies depending on what I have on hand; I love that about it! This recipe is adapted from the talented Yasmin Khan's recipe in The Saffron Tales.
- 1 large bowl
- 1 small skillet
- 1 whisk
- 4 oz Pita Chips broken into small jagged pieces
- ½ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 4 radishes each cut into 8 pieces
- ¾ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 handful fresh mint roughly chopped
- 1 handful fresh tarragon roughly chopped
- 1 handful fresh chives roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp pomegranate arils
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Add the jagged pieces of pita chips or flatbread in a large bowl.
- Toast the walnuts in a small pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add them to the bowl, along with the crumbled feta, and chopped herbs.
- Whisk the balsamic and extra-virgin olive oil, with the salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss with clean hands.
- Leave the salad at room temperature for 10 minutes to allow flavors to marry. Taste; adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Garnish with a generous sprinkling of pomegranate seeds and finish with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil just before serving.