This quick 5 minute lunch is perfect for hot days when you don’t have a big appetite.
This salad showcases Persian cucumbers smashed and tossed with fresh mint & dill, simply arranged on a pillow of Greek feta whipped with Albanian Wild Honey, Hot Chili Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, and a splash of White Balsamic. Garnished with a vibrant Middle Eastern Pickled Turnip.
Smashed Cucumber Salad with Whipped Honey Feta
- 1 food processor
- 1 chefs knife
- 1 silicone spatula
- 4 Persian cucumbers halved or quartered depending on size, then cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3.5 oz feta cheese patted to removed excess brine; crumbled into a few pieces
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- red chili flakes just a pinch; optional
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil feel free to use a basil, lemon, or chili EVOO
- 1 tbsp fresh dill torn; a few pieces reserved for garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh mint chopped; a few leaves reserved for garnish
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Add feta, honey, oregano, and a pinch of red chili flakes (optional) to the bowl of a food processor; pulse until smooth. Taste, adjust seasoning if needed; set aside.
- Lightly smash the cucumber pieces with the back of your chefs knife. Add to a medium-sized bowl and toss with extra-virgin olive oil, dill, mint, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Transfer whipped feta from the food processor to a plate or shallow bowl using a silicone spatula. Use a spoon to swoosh it around on the plate into the shape and texture you like.
- Spoon smashed cucumber salad overtop; garnish with fresh dill and small mint leaves. I served with my Pickled Turnips.