FIG SEASON IS UPON US!
This salad is a summertime star; a classic flavor pairing that always steals the show. Whip up this salad in the summertime heat when you don’t feel like cooking.
Whip up my 2 ingredient Balsamic Glaze to drizzle on this recipe!
This Fig, Prosciutto, and Mozzarella Summer Salad is the first of many fig-related meals of the season. This is my husband’s favorite salad of all-time apparently, so I think it’s a winner!
Fig Prosciutto and Mozzarella Salad
- 1 paring knife
- 1 medium bowl
- 4 Fresh figs Tiger Figs, Black Mission Figs, or a combo of both; quartered and sliced
- 4 oz Prosciutto di Parma
- 4.5 oz Buffalo Mozzarella thickly sliced
- 2 cups arugula packed
- 6 Cerignola olives
- 1 tbsp unsalted pistachios dry-roasted is best
- balsamic glaze made with fig balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil I reach for my Basil extra-virgin olive oil for this salad
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Toss arugula with extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. I opt to use clean hands to gently massage the extra-virgin oil into the arugula.
- Transfer dressed arugula to a plate and simply arrange the other ingredients on top. I served this salad family-style along with other dishes. Feel free to do the same or plate individually.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve as is or with homemade crostini (optional).