These easy pickles with a hint of curry are sure to become a staple in your fridge!
Curried Carrot and Cauliflower Fridge Pickles
These easy pickles are sure to become a staple in your fridge!
- 1 medium pot
- 1 large mason or pickle jar
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar 5% acidity
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup honey sub maple syrup for vegan
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seed
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 1 tbsp curry masala
- 5 garlic cloves peeled and sliced
- 1 head of cauliflower stalks trimmed and florets cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups carrots peeled and sliced diagonally into ⅓'' pieces
- ¼ white onion thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chili sliced; optional if you want a little kick
- In a medium sized pot bring water, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, salt, and honey to a boil. Let this boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until salt and honey dissolve. Remove from heat and let it cool a bit.
- Fill the large glass jar ¼ of the way with cauliflower florets. Add cumin seed, mustard seed, celery seed, curry masala, garlic, and chili. Top with carrot, onion, and remaining cauliflower.
- Pour the brine over the veggies and seal with an airtight lid. Pop the jar in the fridge for 7 days before opening.
These pickles will keep in the fridge for 3 weeks.