RANCH FOREVER! Buttermilk and Ranch is match made in Heaven! I’m aware this isn’t the healthiest recipe on the block and I’m okay with that. In the past, I’ve tweaked this recipe to make it healthier but I was just NOT feeling it! I’m a firm believer of ‘everything in moderation’, so give me the good stuff!
I opted to drizzle this over a Buffalo Chicken Salad and it complimented the spicy Buffalo sauce nicely. I had leftover roasted chicken in the fridge so I tossed it with Franks hot sauce and a bit of honey. Since the chicken is already cooked, I simply reheated it in a skillet over medium heat. I started with a base of Romaine lettuce then added celery, carrots, Persian cucumber and green onions. I placed the warm Buffalo chicken in the center of the bowl and sprinkled Point Reyes Blue (my favorite) overtop. I will 100% be making this again, sooner rather than later!
Store this Buttermilk Ranch Dressing/Dip in an airtight container in the fridge. Serve with raw veggies, over salad, or to dunk your wings and chicken tenders. SO MANY OPTIONS!
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 1 medium-sized bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 mason jar or jar with tight fitting lid for storing in the fridge
- ¾ cup mayonnaise I prefer Hellman’s
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped
- ⅛ cup fresh dill chopped
- ¼ cup Italian parsley chopped
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper less if you don’t like heat
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- All all ingredients to a large bowl; whisk until well combined.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and pop in the fridge to chill for a few hours. This will allow the flavors to marry and dressing to thicken up (especially important if using as a veggie dip).