Homemade Tartar Sauce is far superior than store bought and it’s actually quite simple to make! Theres a good chance you already have all of the ingredients on hand.
Enjoy this sauce with Beer Battered Fish and Chips or as a dipping sauce for french fries (my favorite).
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 whisk
- ½ cup mayonnaise good quality
- 1 lemon juice of ½ plus more to taste
- ½ cup dill pickles finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce maybe more
- kosher salt a good pinch
- freshly ground pepper a good pinch
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium sized bowl; mix well until everything is combined.
- Cover and place in the fridge to chill. The flavors come out after they've had some time to marry.