This Crispy Baked Ranch Chicken is a lunchtime favorite in my house! It’s crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and loaded with that Ranch flavor we all know and love!
I make this recipe when I have a batch of my Buttermilk Ranch Dressing in the fridge, but feel free to sub for your favorite store-bought Ranch. To ensure ultimate crispiness, make sure to place a rack over your baking sheet and use Panko breadcrumbs instead of Italian.
I served this with a salad made up of purple and green cabbage, romaine lettuce, shredded carrot, celery, and green onions. It would also be great over rice, mashed potatoes, or with roasted veggies.
Crispy Baked Ranch Chicken
- 2 chicken breast about 1.5 lbs, halved lengthwise to create thinner breasts.
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup ranch dressing I included my Buttermilk Ranch Dressing/Dip recipe below
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp old bay seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and position an oven rack to the middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a rack on top of the baking sheet; set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and then season both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In one shallow bowl, add the ranch dressing. In another shallow bowl, add panko and old bay. Dip each breast into the ranch dressing, turning on all sides until well-coated, shaking off any excess dressing. Lay the chicken in the breadcrumbs and turn/press until evenly coated.
- Arrange the coated chicken on the rack on top of the baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the internal temperature is 165° F.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before eating. Serve alongside coleslaw, pickles, mashed potatoes, salad, or gilled vegetables.