These Spicy Lime Shrimp are the perfect starting point for your taco bar.
After tossing with the marinade, I suggest letting the shrimp sit in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to allow the flavors to marry. If you don’t have time, no worries! These little spice bombs will still taste delicious!
Spicy Lime Shrimp
- 1 large frying pan/skillet heavy-bottomed
- 1 pair of tongs
- 1 whisk
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 paring knife for deveining shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or another oil with high smoke point
- Whisk all ingredients for the spice mix in a medium bowl, except the shrimp and avocado oil which will be used in a later step.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl. Pour spice mix over the shrimp and toss to coat, making sure shrimp is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp avocado in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat. When hot, pour the shrimp onto the pan and spread into an even layer. Leave the shrimp to cook for 2 minutes undisturbed. Using tongs, flip the shrimp and cook for another 1-2 minutes undisturbed. Be careful not to overcook! Shrimp will continue to cook a little after you remove them from heat.
- Serve in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, over rice or salad; the options are endless!