This beautifully balanced Citrus and Sesame Dressing is a fresh addition to your salad game! It’s my absolute favorite for crunchy salads and slaws!
This ahi tuna salad has a base of shredded purple cabbage, Napa cabbage and carrots, so it was a match made in Heaven. Like many people, I get grossed out by soggy salads as a result of using too much salad dressing. I normally serve salad dressings on the side or toss with a minimal amount, then everyone can add more to suit their own preferences.
In this case, I added 2 tablespoons of the dressing to the cabbage and carrot slaw immediately before plating. The cabbage and carrot slaw softened just the right amount while I finished plating the salad. I placed the ahi tuna on top of the slaw, then arranged sliced mango, avocado, cucumber and radishes around the ahi tuna perched slaw.
Citrus and Sesame Dressing
- 1 mason jar or jar with tight fitting lid with tight fitting lid
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or Braggs Aminos
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup to make it vegan
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar and shake well until combined. Don't forget to give the dressing a good shake before serving. Alternatively, you can place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.